College Girl's Ramblings

Just so everyone can find out what college is really like.

Name:

I am a junior English major from Texas who is currently enrolled at MidAmerica Nazarene University

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Yes, I realize it has been seven months....

Okay, so it's been a while. I know, I know, being busy doesn't count as an excuse. Doesn't matter anyway - I'm using it as a reason. Besides, some of you might just fall over in a faint if I had been chronicling the last semester. It's been a doozy.

Anyway, I'm home for the summer now, and back working at the Longview News-Journal. I enjoy it, and it's a great fulltime job. I've been warned that newspaper work can be addictive, but I don't think I'm in too much danger of making it a life-long career. I really do love working here, but I can't see myself doing it 20 years down the road.

Be that as it may, life is pretty crazy around the Phelps household. My grandparents are living with us now, and we received confirmation today that both of them have Alzheimers. This summer is going to be quite the life experience. I'm going to be leaning hard on the Lord and all my friends to get through it.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, I'm not sure which), I'm blessed with two close friends who are going through the same thing. Maybe we should start a support group. :)

Well, I guess that's all for now. I'll do my best to update regularly during the summer.

Type to you all later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home