College Girl's Ramblings

Just so everyone can find out what college is really like.

Name:

I am a junior English major from Texas who is currently enrolled at MidAmerica Nazarene University

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hello, All!


Well, due to the persistence of a couple of friends, I have finally managed to get this up and running. The blogging thing is new to me, so we'll see how well I keep up with it.

It is now the second day of the third week of school, and all my professors jumped in with both feet. My first Fine Arts test is later today, and we're already discussing our second play in Shakespeare class, and our second book in Writers and Movements (which is focusing this semester on 20th Century African-American Literature). We're supposed to wrap up the first chapter in Applied Math and Statistics tomorrow, and my other class, American Literature to 1860, is keeping me busy too.

Aside from that, my first article for the Trailblazer Times (the student newspaper here) is due tonight, and it will be published next week. After working for a daily paper all summer, this once-every-other-week stuff is really strange to me. But hey, I still get to work with the newspaper and that makes me happy. :)

I am now officially a member of the Rice Residential Hall Judicial Council, which basically means that I get to attend RHG (Residence Hall Government) meetings and keep the minutes, and weigh in on discussions about dorm parties or activities. Oh, and I also get to go on the RHG retreat this weekend. :) Other than that, I've been told there's not much to the job. We'll see if I'll let it stay that way.

Oh, and the picture is of me at the wonderful Scarlet Pimpernel musical I was in this summer. It is, to quote Zach Golden, "The best musical to ever grace the face of the earth." Aside from that, that picture is my favorite picture of me. :)

Well, I think this is long enough for my first post. Besides, I want to get in a little more studying for Fine Arts before chapel this morning.

Rachel


1 Comments:

Blogger Creative Chaos said...

hey girl! love ur blog - can't wait to see what's to come next. u know i love ya (and don't u forget it)! ttul...m

9/12/2006 7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home